Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Ambassador breaks his silence

William “Deuce” Branch also made news this week when he released his first official statement since his break with Cross Movement Records and Epiphany Fellowship Church.

In the more than 1,000 word, written letter, Ambassador says:
"Back in late April 2009, the Lord exposed me and consequently delivered me from being entangled in a season of willful disobedience, deception and darkness. I was involved in a non-sexual but very inappropriate relationship with a woman other than my wife, thereby betraying my Lord, my wife, family, Epiphany Fellowship (the church I love and was instrumental in founding) my co-laborers and ministry supporters like you."
Later, he expresses his shame, says he understands the frustration of those that viewed him as a hypocrite given his previous admonishments of teachers in similar situations, and ultimately asks for the forgiveness of those he has offended.

It’s easy and natural to try and parse every single word and phrase, but at face value, it’s a man humbled and broken and asking for grace. He’s a sinner unworthy of redemption but offered it nonetheless – just like you and me.

We’re praying for you Deuce and rejoice in your restoration.

Read the full statement here.

UPDATE: Watch Ambassador's abridged video statement below:

No comments: