Thursday, July 23, 2009

Walter Cronkite (1916 - 2009)


As I noted on Twitter (hadn't had time to put it up here), television reporter Walter Cronkite passed away last Friday.

Obviously, I wasn't around for much of his heyday, but as one who calls himself "the Journalist" and earned a college degree in that field of study, I am aware of his impact and respect his craft.

In fact, in one of the first rhymes I ever tried to write (besides this), I envoked his name.

And it went a little something like this....

"Not quite your Walter Cronkite / but I'll be your Journalist

Checkin' all the things that I done seen / and all the things that you done missed"

As you can see, an AP Style Guide and traditional grammer rules were not in play during this writing session.
Thoughts and prayers to his family.

No comments: