Friday, November 6, 2009

Da' T.R.U.T.H. confesses "moral indiscretion"

Photobucket

As you may have heard, on Tuesday, November 2 gospel rapper Da’ T.R.U.T.H. announced that “in light of a moral indiscretion in my personal life, I will be taking a sabbatical from music ministry and teaching upon fulfilling my current commitments to work closely with my pastor, church, and restoration team.”

The full letter of apology can be found at datruth.net.

Fam, I am truly saddened by this news and angered by the attacks Satan continues to make upon the witness and family lives of our Christian hip hop brothers.

Here again, I urge you to bathe this situation in prayer the same way we recently did and have been doing for guys like Ambassador and RedCloud. Please pray for all of the parties involved and for full spiritual restoration.

Certainly it’s disappointing, but let us remember that these MCs are simply fallen men like you and me. And as my man Enock forewarned, as ministers of the gospel and entertainers they face extra-ordinary circumstances and lifestyles that surely make certain sinful situations all the more tempting.

Guard your hearts brothers and sisters – guard your hearts. And remember we don’t worship the created man but the one who has the power to Create and redeem him.

Grace and peace.

No comments: