Saturday, January 31, 2009

KJ-52 rocks The Woodlands (again!)

Photobucket
It's the S.O.I. / Worldwide realize

Tweezy was in town once again last night to rock The Fellowship of The Woodlands church and film concert performance footage for the video to his "Keep Shining" track off The Missing Pages album. Yep, that's the one that reunites him with former Sons of Intellect rhyme partner Goldinchild (who also does a guest feature on "I Won't Ever Stop" from the original Yearbook album.)

The event was an exclusive youth-only joint with very heavy security so I didn't get to see the show.

[Side Note #1: The security was for the kids - not KJ. He don't roll with an ego like that.]

[Side Note #2: We overheard that there were over 1,100 fifth and sixth graders there and they were trying to get a count on the number of seventh and eight graders. Sheesh!]

Still, my wife and I were able to swing by before he hit the stage to say hello and give KJ a few copies of the new Tha Message magazine with my cover story on him.

[Side Note #3: Shameless plug - Get your copy right 'chere.]

We also got an autograph for a 9-year old little girl who is enrolled in our LearningRx business and who was supposed to be headed to the show. Earlier in the day she told my wife that she was going to see "KJ-54" so Jonah indulged us with a signature and a playful shot of this new moniker.

Photobucket

As always, KJ has a lot going on with some special stuff I'll detail in another post. For now, I just wanted to share a little behind-the-scenes info of one of CHH's hardest working men.

Oh yeah, and I'm kicking myself for not taking a photo of the special KJ-52 Smart car the church had on stage for him at the show. It was killer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shameless plug, and for helping out so much with the mag....you've definatly been a MAJOR blessing to us....Peace...in Him.