Monday, June 8, 2009

Hasn't AutoTune already been buried?

Photobucket

Over the weekend, Jay-Z rocked the web with his new track "D.O.A. (Death of AutoTune)."

I'm all for giving the robot the heave-ho, but haven't we already heard this before?

Peep R-Swift's "R.I.P. AutoTune" on his MySpace page.

I wonder if cats will listen now that Jay's talking?

I've also got to pass along a couple of dope lines my man Zee (co-owner of DaSouth.com) Tweeted this weekend.

Jay-Z's "D.O.A." track? Overrated. Great methaphors, but c'mon... he only rappin' about the death of a plugin, people.

If I was a so-called "great emcee" like Jay-Z, would that be the greatest msg I had to give? Death of a plugin???

How about death, burial and resurrection? Get on that and then you'll have my listening ear... sigh...

No comments: