Sunday, February 22, 2009

Rough week for gospel rappers


It was a rough week for gospel rappers.

As you may have heard, CFRN head Octavia Harris had her home broken into and robbed by street gangs and Lapo from The Exodus Movement reported that he was recently a victim of police brutality.

Please keep both parties in your prayers.

Here's Octavia's e-mail about the situation.

Long story short...My place got broken into yesterday. They stole my external hard drive with all my music/songs/sounds/beats/CFRN stuff, programs, My laptop, brothers computer etc. etc. and trashed the place. They got online using my laptop and changed passwords on my email accounts, deleted my myspace profile and who knows what else has been violated.

Interestingly enough they left their calling card by tagging the hall closet with "Blue Devils x3" which the police said was a gang in LA that spread out.

There is a spiritual war going on and my heart and life is for God so I believe God has allowed this to happen in order to do a new thing in me. He also is giving me an opportunity to trust him/praise him through this. I sent a message out to my sisters of the CFRN to pray, but I also wanted to let Family, Friends and Supporters know so you could lift me and my brother up in prayer and also the people who did it. They need salvation quick, because the road they are on leads to death and destruction. Like I said in the subject line of this email.. "They can break in my house but they can't break my spirit!"

James 1:5 - If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.
Ya sister will continue to seek wisdom and count this all joy because I KNOW God is going to reveal something special through this trial/test.

Romans 8:28-29
Thanks in advance for your prayers.
God is faithful,
O.
Also, Lapo's call to action after his ordeal.

No comments: