Friday, June 4, 2010

I'm now blogging for the Houston Chronicle

Photobucket

Exciting news: I'm proud to announce I'll now be contributing regular blogs to the Houston Chronicle's Belief site.

The invitation came after months of corresponding with the site's editor and suggesting several stories (DaSouth.com stage at SXSW, the CHH Kite Program, and the LOST LP) they liked and ended up featuring on the front page of the main Houston Chronicle website.

My blog will be mostly about Christian hip hop, but I'm sure I'll work in posts about other topics that mix faith and pop culture. Look for them to appear once or twice a week. And if the stories have broad appeal, they might make the front page of the site or into the weekly Religion section of the print version of the paper.

Here's the first introductory piece titled: 5 Things You Didn't Know About Christian Hip Hop. Feel free to stop by and leave a comment.

I believe this is a great opportunity for me personally and the genre as a whole. We'll be educating a mainstream audience about what we do and why it's important.

I am both honored and extremely grateful for the chance to continue my role as a Christian hip hop journalist.

See ya on the blog.

No comments: