Monday, June 28, 2010

Vidz: B.Reith shoots "The Comeback Kid" video in Houston - Behind the scenes with SketchtheJ

Photobucket
Photo by Sketch the Journalist

A few months back my man DJ Promote gave me a call with a heads up that Gotee Records artist B.Reith was bringing his hip-pop sound to Houston to film a video for "The Comeback Kid."

They needed some extras for shoots at the Prince Complex boxing gym in 5th Ward and The Serial Box near Minute Maid Park and asked if I could help get the word out. As it happened, I also got an unpaid gig playing the role of a nerdy reporter type (a stretch, I know) in their press conference scenes.

The video was shot by Donald Kilgore in conjunction with Stop the Nakedness/Fig Tree Collective and the fruit of that labor was dropped on the web last week.

Here's the final cut:

B.Reith "The Comeback Kid" from Gotee Records on Vimeo.

I also captured this behind-the-scenes footage:



B.Reith has toured with CCM-fave Toby Mac and can be stalked online at: breith.com

No comments: