Friday, May 7, 2010

Oklahoma is the place to be...


The other day Zee from DaSouth.com sent out a Tweet that the state of Florida seemed to be one of the current hot spots for innovative Christian hip hop.

I believe his comments were in reference to guys like G-Notes, DJ Morph, and Rhema Soul infusing a lot of dance/techno sound into their music that really seems to breathe some fresh air into the genre.

This mirrored some of my own thoughts recently - albeit about a different location.

As you know, I’m a Texan and we tend to have just a little bit of state pride, okay, who am I kidding? A LOT of state pride.

Still, I gotta keep it real and tip my hat to our northern border neighbors in Oklahoma. They’ve got guys like Dre’ Murray, Fedel, Kadence, Cam, and Sean C. Johnson going hard body lately.

All these cats seem to really be putting a professional shine on their art and represent well. They’ve also got the collective force of an organization like Positive Hip Hop.tv pushing them to the forefront.

What do you think? If you were to single out a state or region that’s seems to really be hitting, where would it be?

No comments: