It's definitely "ruff" and has some violent images, blood spatter, and chain saws.
Peep the clip below if you're cool with that advance warning.
From what I can gather online, this is part of a post-Rapture mini-movie they're developing called The Gospel Gorilla Chronicles. Still, it seems pretty edgy, no?
In that same message board post I was hipped to this clip from Fresh IE which also contains some torture-like imagery with a specific purpose of showing the ill effects of crystal meth use.
Here's that video if you're interested.
All of this leads me to ask a few questions:
- Can Christian hip hop videos get too graphic?
- Should clips like "Go Dave On 'Em" and "Crystal" include warning labels for imagery such as drug use, torture, gun play, fights?
- Do they serve a greater purpose?
- Are they any more violent than some stories in our own Bibles?
- Do they give Christian hip hop a bolder, more manly face or do they set us back and make it even harder to distinguish us from mainstream hip hop?
Props to Samson for the initial post over at HCR.