Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Promo: ReadyWriter Drops Today + Blogs Bring Sales


I gave my boy Brinson a hard time about "Jihad" a while back but still wanna show him some love.

Peep the latest from Godchaserz Entertainment that drops today. I'm downloading a preview copy as I type this and will post my thoughts on the album after I've had a chance to digest it a bit.

Sample the noise here: Conduit

And good news for both Godchaserz and me - it seems that credible blog mentions (like www.sketchthejournalist.com) actually increase album sales.

Props to Rizoh at The Rap Up for tipping me off to this one.

Peep the story from The Hollywood Reporter.

Blog posts can triple future album sales, according to a new study from researchers at New York University.

NYU Stern professor Vasant Dhar and former student Elaine Chang sampled 108 albums released between January and March of 2007 to determine the impact of blog chatter on record sales. Using Amazon.com sales rankings, albums were tracked four weeks before and four weeks after release.

Researchers found that when an album got mention in more than 40 legitimate blog posts, sales were three times the average. If those albums were associated with major labels, sales jumped five times the average. Albums that got more than 250 blog mentions saw sales increases of six times the average.

The number of MySpace friends the artist had also improved album sales, but researchers said there was a weaker correlation than with blog chatter.
Y'all cats in the record biz betta catch this wave before you're left all wet!

No comments: