The new Social Club album, Misfits, sounds like:
- A spaceship landed at your junior high school in Miami, it’s the night of the Sadie Hawkins Dance, and you showed up without a date.
- Members of Odd Future and Maybach Music Group reading you bed time stories.
- A pull-string baby Moses doll who wears sunglasses at night.
- The music coming out of a teenager’s Skullcandy ear buds when his older sister forces him to accompany her down the feminine hygiene product aisle at Walmart.
- Your youth pastor’s ringtone.
- The heartbeat of the kid who has to save up money to buy one “cool” shirt at Hot Topic he prays doesn’t go out of style before he can wear it.
- A hip hop album made by Veggie Tales characters who need a throat lozenge after trying to discuss their set list in a loud nightclub.
- Ke$ha and Andre 3000’s submission to your church talent show.
- Hip hop music your mom doesn’t like but hopes “has really good words.”