Monday, October 25, 2010

Jesus Loves Juggalos Too - A Christian Response to the Insane Clown Posse's claims that their music has always pointed people to God


When I read the guys from Insane Clown Posse were telling people their horrorcore brand of hip hop music had always contained an underlying Christian message, I thought it was a joke.

I also believed it could be just another outrageous celebrity statement designed for maximum pub.

It might be both.

But what if they were being serious?

What if, after nearly 20 years of embodying the darkness, they’re actually seeking the Light?

That’s the tact I recently took with a post called “Jesus Loves Juggalos Too” for a mainstream hip hop blog.

If you’re interested in reading the rest of my thoughts, along with the original story that sparked the brief essay, head over to The Rap Up.

No comments: